20 Apr Why Women Should Consider Using a Fiduciary Advisor to Manage Their Finances: Benefits, Best Practices & More
As women, we have an obligation to ourselves to recognize the importance of investing our money wisely. Hiring a fiduciary advisor is one way to ensure our funds are managed with integrity and in accordance with our best interests. Here’s why you should consider using a fiduciary advisor to help manage your finances.
What Is a Fiduciary Advisor?
A fiduciary advisor is someone who has a special legal obligation to act responsibly and loyally on behalf of their client in all matters relating to the handling of money. This means they must always put the interests of their client above their own. They are not allowed to accept any hidden fees or commissions, and they must always disclose any potential conflicts of interest.
The Benefits of Working With a Fiduciary Advisor
Working with a fiduciary advisor can provide many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Confidence: Knowing that your money is being managed with the utmost integrity and in alignment with your specific goals will give you peace of mind.
- Expertise: A fiduciary advisor has extensive knowledge and experience managing finances, making them an invaluable resource to help you make informed decisions.
- Accessibility: With a fiduciary advisor, you have direct access to someone with the expertise to provide personalized advice and guidance.
- Accountability: Your fiduciary advisor is held accountable for their actions, meaning they must constantly stay up-to-date on industry trends and regulations in order to effectively manage your finances.
- Transparency: Working with a fee-only fiduciary advisor provides peace of mind there are no financial incentives for any one product or company, nor any commissions.
Finding the Right Fiduciary Advisor
It’s important to find a fiduciary advisor who is best suited for your individual needs and goals. Here are some tips for finding the right fit:
- Check credentials: Make sure the person you’re working with has the appropriate education, experience, and certifications required in the field.
- Ask questions: Evaluate the advisor’s expertise by asking them specific questions about their approach to financial planning.
- Research fees and services: Be sure to understand what services are included in the fee structure, as well as any additional costs that may be applicable.
- Get references: Ask for referrals from other clients, or check out online reviews to get an idea of the advisor’s reputation.
By doing your due diligence and taking the time to find a qualified fiduciary advisor, you can rest easier, knowing that your finances are in good hands. Investing with a fiduciary will give you peace of mind knowing that your money is being managed with the utmost integrity and in accordance with your best interests.
Are you ready to get started?
Working with a fiduciary advisor can help you feel more confident and secure about your finances. Don’t wait – take control of your financial future today!
To schedule your complimentary 20-minute initial call with one of our Fiduciary Advisors click the link below.
Still reading? Here’s a few related articles that will interest you by Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA: